Friday, October 11, 2013

Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens



“I want to be someone’s everything. I want fire and passion, and love that’s returned, equally... I want to be someone’s heart. Even if it means breaking my own.” 

S.C. Stephens messed with my heart and took me on a major roller coaster. I had heard of the Thoughtless series for a while now. Many blogs and fellow readers, going on and on about how GREAT Kellan Kyle was and how in love they were with him. This series was on my TBR because of this, yet I hadn't had the time to get emotionally involved with a book; and I had been warned that I would be VERY involved while reading this. All those other readers were soo right!! Kellan and Kiera do not have it easy AT ALL!! I was in LOVE with Kellan, I felt so heart broken for him at times and I also wanted to strangle Kiera through a lot of the book.

Warning: This book contains cheating, most of the book revolves around the cheating happening. But it is core to the book and to the characters struggles.

This book begins with Kiera, a college student who: transfers colleges against her parent's wishes and travels across the country following her boyfriend of two years, Denny, who has landed an internship with one of the best advertising companies around. Denny has gotten them a cheap place to stay w/ an old friend. This friend happens to be a HOT womanizing lead singer of a band "The Dbags".

This lead singer is drop dead gorgeous, and Kiera notices him indeed:

"I couldn't help but notice the lead singer first. No one would be able to overlook him- he was drop-dead gorgeous."

Who is this new roommate and lead singer of the Dbags?? None other then Kellan Kyle. Kiera tries to keep their relationship at a roommate level, being friendly with him for the sake of living peacefully. But you can see tension building between these two. Kellan flirts with Kiera, but that is not something new.. he flirts with basically every girl he meets. Time passes and these three roommates seems to fall into a routine with each other and are living peacefully, Kiera and Denny living happily as a couple. Then one day Denny gets an amazing work offer, one that takes him to another city, leaving Kiera behind for 2 months. This leaves Kiera and Kellan alone, in the same household. Kiera spends weeks moping around feeling abandoned and lonely until one day Kellan and his band force her out of the house and help her begin to find new things to do without Denny. While Denny is away the 'innocent' flirting between Kellan and Kiera continues. This flirting progresses, bringing trouble when Denny suddenly returns. Soon we find ourselves in this crazy love triangle between Denny, Kiera and Kellan.

Kellan just want whatever makes Kiera happy, even if it means leaving her alone:

“What if I don’t choose you, Kellan? What will you do?”
He looked away, a tear rolling down his cheek. “I’ll leave, Kiera. I’ll leave, and you and Denny can have your happily ever after.” He looked back at me. “You wouldn’t even need to tell him about me. Eventually, the two of you…” his voice broke and another tear fell on his cheek, “the two of you would get married, and have children, and have a great life.”
I fought back a sob. “And you? What happens to you in that scenario?”
“I…get by. And I miss you, every day,” he whispered.” 

My heart broke for him so much. He kept having to pretend that he was okay with Denny and Kiera's relationship. I admit at times I wanted to yell at Kiera, she kept suffering and making Kellan suffer as well. She was selfish in thinking that she could have both. But ultimately the truth comes out, and after a lot of emotional and physical pain Kiera and Kellan are finally able to be together without having to hide how they feel. I was so annoyed at Kiera at the end of this book that it took me a few days before I dove into the next book in this trilogy which is "Effortless". So if you need a break from this couple after this book, I don't blame you. But just don't give up on Kiera, you HAVE to give this couple another chance and see where this relationship goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment