Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pretending He's Mine by Lauren Blakely




I had heard about the Caught Up in Us series by Lauren Blakely, but had not gotten around to reading it. This book is the 2nd one in the series, but can also be read alone which is what I did. This is the first Lauren Blakely story that I read and I can honestly say that I fell in love with her writing and got me curious to check out more of her work.

"Pretending He's Mine" is a short novella in the series. It tells the story of Reeve, a struggling actor and Sutten, a movie and tv show casting agent. Sutten, a strong independent women, is trying to land the big casting director position for a big motion picture. Her work with other shows and movies has her on the top of the producers list, but the producers womanizing ways has it so that he is only hiring women who are either married or engaged, which Sutten is neither. She comes up with a plan to hire an actor (Reeve) to play the role of her fiancee. Over the course of pretending to be together both Sutton and Reeve develop real feelings for one another. But Sutton refuses to acknowledge that she is falling for an actor. Reeve tries his hardest to show Sutten that his feelings for her are real and that he is no longer pretending.  There are many twists and turns in this novel that take us on a ride with Sutten trying to come to terms with her feelings with Reeve

This book is filled with cute and fun read. Unlike other romance novels this one shows us an empowered main female character. This book also gives us a back story for some of the main characters in the first book of the Caught Up in Us book. Lauren Blakely's writing is amazing, I seriously forgot that this was a fictional book for a moment and felt as if I knew these characters. I think I fell in love with Reeve around the same time that Sutton did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment