Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

"Fuck all the firsts, Sky. The only thing that matters to me with you, are the forevers."

I had heard a lot about Colleen Hoover and what an amazing author she was, everyone seemed to be raving about her "Slammed" series. I decided to check her out and bought this book. WOW, WOW, WOW!! Everyone was right!!! Colleen AMAZED me with her ability to write such realistic characters, to convey so many emotions into a book. I was not disapointed at all!! This book had me laughing and crying (literally in tears). After reading "Hopeless" I was in love with Colleen!!

We first meet Sky, a teenager who has grown up isolated from the world, away from technology such as TV, cellphones and computers. Her mother, or adoptive mother, is very protective of Sky. She has home schooled her for her entire life, but finally allows her to attend public school for her senior year. Sky is the type of girl who doesn't cry, she doesn't feel. The only true feeling that she knows is being numb. But my, oh my, that changes when she meets Holder. This guy makes Sky feel everything that she's never felt before. The love story that develops between these two is unlike other romance books that I have read. It felt very real, and the connection that they have with one another is so strong. I am so glad that Colleen wrote this book and that we got to meet Sky and Holder!!! I enjoyed the fact that the story changed focus of their love story to the drama surrounding Sky's past and how Holder was there for her the entire time. WOW, after reading this book I was emotionally drained, and felt sadness that this book was over. 

I highly, HIGHLY recommend this book. It is full of emotion, and angst. This book has so many unexpected turns and we see how Holder and Sky's life have intertwined and connected from before either of them knew it. I am a HUGE fan of Colleen now!


This book oozes with emotion that I can't stop myself from crying. It tugs at my heart and it didn't let go until I read the whole story. I am emotionally drained after it but I loved it.

It was so "butterflying" AMAZING! (just like I thought it would be and more)

No comments:

Post a Comment