Sunday, October 20, 2013

Far Too Tempting by Lauren Blakely





 I've read a few of Lauren Blakely's books and have loved all of them so far. I was lucky enough to get an ARC copy of her latest book "Far Too Tempting" before it was released. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was a cute and easy read. The characters were really relateable and down to earth. The more that I read, the more into it I got. I found myself reading late into the night (on a school night!) reading about Jane Black and Matthew Harrigan.

This is not your typical rock star novel, and that is what I loved about it. I enjoyed the fact that Jane Black is not your typical rock star. She is a very normal, down to earth artist; going from attending the Grammy's to the volunteering at her son's school the following day. She likes to keep everyone she trusts close to her, and does not let many into her life

Jane Black has been a somewhat struggling indie artist, having a few CD's but nothing that has gotten much attention. After a heartbreaking separation from her husband she writes a chart-topping break-up album. This album earns her a Grammy, and also much more media attention concerning her follow up album. Matthew Harrigan is a well known music critique, and a very good looking man. Did I mention he's British??!!! A super plus!! Matthew is in charge of writing an article following Jane's process as she writes her new album. But the chemistry between them seems to be almost impossible to resist. It is a somewhat forbidden attraction, one that both try to ignore and keep things just professional between them. Jane is still recovering from her failed marriage, she doesn't trust men or reporters. But there is something about Matthew that makes her willing to open herself up to him. The way that their relationship develops is so cute and loving. The small banter, and small talk that they throw at each other shows just how compatible they are with one another. This relationship does not have an easy road, they struggle with the professional aspect of things as well as dealing with Jane's trust issues. But ultimately their connection seems to overcome everything

The way that Blakely writes these books is amazing. Every sex filled or sexually frustrating scene were super hot. Whooo! I was fanning myself reading these scenes. Seeing their relationship blossom was wonderful, and an entertaining way to get to know the characters. I found myself falling for Matthew the more I kept on reading. This book is one that you will NOT want to put down. I had to force myself to stop reading at times. The more you read this book the more that you fall for these characters. I felt as if I was part of this group, and had a connection not only with the main characters but with the supporting ones as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment