Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Relentless by Cassia Leo


This is book one of the Shattered Hearts series.

I had heard of this series from other readers, all about how wonderfully written it was and how it was a MUST read. I was a little reluctant to read it because it did not fully catch my attention when I looked it up. But then I saw that the entire series was on sale for $0.99, less than $3 for the entire series! So I took a risk and bought all three books. They were on my kindle for a while until I finally decided to take the plunge and read them..boy oh boy am I glad I did!!! From the first chapter alone I felt a connection with Claire. The more I read, the more I fell for all of the characters. The struggles that Claire has been through make her more relate able, more real in a sense. I could not put this book down once I picked it up. I just HAD to keep reading to find out what Claire's secret was!!!

Claire Nixon's childhood has been full of darkness and heartbreak. She has been moved around from foster home to one another. She learns to feel unwanted, and to put up walls to keep herself safe. Finally she is put into a foster home where she finds the mother she always wanted, but she also finds the one person willing to work to bring down the walls she has put up. Chris Knight is Claire's foster mother's son, and her first true love. Claire encourages Chris to pursue his dreams of being a singer, which turns into one of the biggest mistakes in both their lives. Claire has struggled to live without Chris and to repair her broken heart.

A year later, Claire has moved away from the city that is full of memories of Chris. Claire has dropped out of college and fled away from everything she's known, ready to start new. In this new city she meets her new neighbor, Adam Parker.

The relationship that Claire and Adam develop with one another is cute, flirty and very friendly. While getting to know one another Adam makes a bet with Claire: If he can get Claire to tell him what is her big secret that made her drop out of college and run away then she must re-enroll. If he doesn't then she gets to keep her secret and he will leave her alone and stop 'stalking' her at her work.

Claire has perfected the act of suppressing the memories of her pass, or so she thinks. But Adam's constant pursuit of her and how he opens up to her, revealing his own set of secrets is a twist she did not expect. One thing that Claire is definitely not ready for is for Chris Knight, now a famous rock star, and her former love, to appear once again. The return of Chris brings out Claire's big dark secret. Will Adam be able to deal with what she reveals to him, and what will Chris' reappearance in Claire's life do to Adam and Claire's relationship??

Next book is "Pieces of You"

No comments:

Post a Comment