Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Good Vibrations by S.L. Scott






This romance novel is in a way typical of your other romance books, but also NOT (I know confusing, but true). It's part of the "Welcome to Paradise" series, this being the first book of that series. It's a pretty quick read, but that does not mean that it's not full of hot-steamy scenes or full of drama. I recommend this series as a great poolside or beach side read.


Good Vibrations begins with Mallory, who travels to Hawaii ready to have an amazing summer living with her best friend there. Straight off the plane she meets Evan, a super hot local. I was a little put off by him, he is your typical cocky and arrogant guy. He kind of annoyed me. 

They begin what seems to be a one night fling, but quickly their emotions get in the way of this. They each have an idea of what type of 'relationship' they have with one another and end up confusing each other and complicating things with one another. I seriously wanted to strangle these two, they kept hurting one another, yet avoiding dealing with their issues. Evan tries to use his cocky, arrogant persona to push Mallory away. It takes a while for these two to finally talk things out and somewhat work things out, but it is worth waiting for. I was so glad that they finally worked things out, they are so cute together!! Not your typical lovey dovey couple that is all sweet with one another, they totally skip that phase and just act like they belong with one another. They compliment one another. As I kept reading Evan won me over. We realize why he is the way that he is, and shows us a side of him no one knows about; the sweet, caring and loving side which he only shows Mallory. It hurt me to see him suffering by trying to stay away from her. This book is part 1 of a series, but that does not necessarily mean that it leaves us with a cliffhanger; there are certain issues that are left open and left me wanting more, so I am somewhat glad there is another book. 

S.L. Scott did such an amazing job with this book, I felt as if I was actually in Hawaii myself. They way she described the settings, from the beach, to Evan's house, to Mallory's job, it was vivid. I felt as if I took a plane ride with Mallory and was there myself!! Can't wait for the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment