Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Real by Katy Evans



 "He's my beast. My dark and my light. Mine"
"She's my real. She's my only"

Whooo!!! I don't think I've ever read a more sexually frustrating book!! DAMN! The emotions that Katy portrays in this book are just soo intense!! The characters are so passionate and their emotions so raw.

Remington "Riptide" Tate is the star of the underground boxing scene. He is a serious piece of eye candy for the women who attend these boxing events. Then there is Brooke, a former athletes who now works rehabbing athletes. One look at Remy and Brooke is instantly attracted to this guy.

But underneath the great looks and dark personality that he puts up, Remy is a damaged and tortured soul. There is a side of Remy that no one but a handful of people know about, the vulnerable and real side of him, and that is the way that he likes things to be. That is until he meets Brooke, who makes him wonder if it is possible that someone could get to know the "Real" Remy and still want to be with him.
"I'm every woman's adventure, damn you, and I don't want to be yours. I want to be your fucking REAL. You get that? If I fuck you, I want you to belong to me. To be mine. I want you to give yourself to me - not Riptide!"

The fact that he's been hurt before for who he is, hurt by those he loves the most, terrifies him from fully opening himself up to Brooke. She knows there is something about Remy that is not like everyone else, and she plans on trying her hardest to get him to reveal himself to her. She is falling for him from everything she learns about him. But he's terrified that ones he does reveal himself he will lose her:

"I can't sleep, can't think, can't concentrate worth shit anymore, and it's all because I want to be the f*cking 'one' for you and as soon as you realize what I am, all I'll be is a f*cking mistake!"

The sexual tension that builds up between these two is incredible, WOW, steamy scenes in this book. Brooke continues to try to prove to Remy that she will not leave him, that she will stand by his side no matter what it is he reveals to her. By the time we find out Remy's secret you are already so in love with him and for the person who he truly is that you would be willing to put in the work that it would take to love Remy. Brooke seems to have been MADE just for Remy, they belong together and are perfect for one another. She is a strong, hard headed girl that does not let others dictate what she does and she is not afraid to stand up to people, Remy included. Brooke loves every aspect of Remy, the lovable side, the dark angry side, and the vulnerable side.
 

I have to say that my favorite part of this book was the way that Remy and Brooke communicated with one another. Music became a core aspect of their relationship. Song lyrics took a new meaning, because they were used to describe exactly how these characters felt for one another. When Brooke first begins working for Remy, he is not good at communicating his feelings, and music is the one way that he knows how to do so. Sharing songs with one another let us see the lovable, emotional side of Remy and made me fall in love with him even more. When I first read this book I did not know that it was part of a series, but once I found out I was so happy! This book did not end in a cliffhanger, and could easily be left as a stand alone book, but I am glad it is not! Knowing that we will be getting more of Remy and Brooke makes me so happy!! I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment