Monday, November 11, 2013

Surrender to Fate by Jacelyn Rye





"Me Ware Mo"

I will start off by saying that I was contacted by the author if I would be interested in reading her book and writing an honest review about it. And I have got to say, this is one of the most heart-breaking but beautiful stories that I have read.


I was not sure what to expect from the book. I thought it was going to be a simple love story, but nope this was so much more than that. It was filled with so much emotion, from loving moments to those heart-breaking ones. I cannot wait to read more of this series, because I am not happy with the cliffhanger and desperately need to know what happens with this couple!

The two main characters are Will and Sarah. The way that their love, and relationship develops from such a young age is so adorable. Even as small children the connection was there, and it just developed even more as they grew up. Will is the perfect gentleman, he is hardworking and tries his best to help his family but also be loyal to all those that love him. Sarah is a sweet girl, she is loving and caring, but has had to struggle with many things, the biggest one is being separated from Will. That heartbreaking moment when they had to say goodbye, it had me in tears! It was terrible to see how much they struggled with being apart from one another.

No good book would be complete without the villain, in this case being Margaret. OH MY GOD! I could NOT stand her!!! She was such a spoiled brat! Add to that being manipulative and just plain mean. As I continued to read the book I just got to hate her more and more. We got to see her true personality as we continued into the story. Then there is Adley, I am not sure if I hate him or love him. He goes back and forth a bit, but you have got to admit, his feelings for Sarah are loyal and he puts himself out there. Maybe he will be better in the next book.
There isn't much to say about the actual story without giving it all away. Just that it is beautifully written, and totally not what I was expecting it to be. Page after page, you will find yourself reaching for a tissue, especially towards the end of the book. But be warned, THIS BOOK ENDS IN A MAJOR CLIFFHANGER!!! That does not mean that I do not recommend it, because I do, just know that you have been warned! The way this book was written is so different than the other ones that I have read. It's very realistic in a way, the way that it conveys emotions is amazing, making me feel what the characters felt, as I was laughing with them, shocked with them and at times crying along with them. I cannot wait to read more from this author!!

No comments:

Post a Comment