Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I'll Take A Chance by Annalisa Nicole


I have been so grateful to have the chance to read this authors work, starting off with her debut book "Take A Chance" and now with the second book in the series "I'll Take A Chance". What I love about Annalisa's books is how even though they aren't gut wrenching and super emotional they are still very grabbing and entertaining. This book is one of those light hearted reads that every once in a while you just NEED to have in your life to get away from those dark books I usually stray to. This book is a little more emotional and a tab bit darker than her first book but we still keep that light hearted feeling that I love so much from this author. I am glad to have gotten an ARC copy of this book and have read it. Once I started it I could not put it down. I was pulled into this couple's story.

This book focuses on Amelia Wellington and Dr. Kyle Peters. We met Amelia in the first book, she is Asher's little sister and Willow's boss. She seems to have a seemingly easy and good life. But deep inside she holds secrets that have her closed off to any type of relationship with men.

Dr. Kyle Peters has thrown himself into his work, he tries his hardest to just go day to day as he struggles with his own demons and past. Happiness does not seem be in his future, at least he doesn't believe it.

\Their meeting is a bit comical, and lighthearted. It seems very realistic. They instantly sense a connection with each other but are skeptical to let themselves fall for one another. They move slow in their relationship, slowly open up with each other about their hidden past and their demons. I will say their secrets really did SHOCK me, I did not expect it at all!! WOW! But together they seem to help each other move past it. Kyle helps Amelia so much! He helps her feel a woman for the first time in a long time. Just when everything seems to be going well, then a big SHOCKING twist in the story. WOW! Totally unexpected and shocking twist in the story. The way that the story unfolds is amazing and so wonderfully written.

What a beautifully written book, one filled with shocking moments, but also had me smiling and even blushing at times. Annalisa once again blew me away with her writing. I cannot wait to read the next book. I am curious to see what plays out for this next couple, which we meet towards the end of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment