Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Author Spotlight: Lyn Croft

 
Hello Lyn, thank you for taking the time to do this interview for Jen's Book Reviews
Thank you so much for having me.
Let's start of by asking, what got you into writing? How did you decide to publish your work?
Ive always loved to read and write. When I finished my first book, I wasnt sure if I wanted to publish. I started out just wanting to see if I had what it takes to complete a novel. Then, I decided I needed to be brave. Friends that read the book, loved it, and thats when I decided to send it out to see if it would get picked up.

Tell us a little about yourself? What are your hobbies other than writing?
Im a video game nut. I have several gaming systems, and drawers, shelves, cabinets full of games. Yes, Im a complete nerd. Comic books, sci-fi and horror books, and video games.

What genre would you describe your books to be?
I have a few. My published books are Paranormal Romance Young adult. I do have current works in progress that fall under Sci-Fi Fantasy and Horror.

What inspires you to write?
I guess I daydream a little too much. I always have characters running around in my head playing out stories. When I put them on paper, Im so intrigued with how the characters come to live, how they develop, and the adventures they take me on.

Do you outline your work out before you begin writing or do you just let inspiration hit you?
Both. Some of my work has been outlined and summarized. Some of my other workI just wrote what was playing inside my head and let the story take me.

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I would say it came from my love of reading and teachers I had growing up. They were so supportive and always telling me I had a gift for writing.

Who is your favorite author in your genre and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Stephen King. I know; everybody has the King as their favorite. He has an amazing ability to draw you in to his characters and his imagination with everything hes been able to write amazes me.

Who designs your book covers? How do you decide what you want on the cover of your books?
Beau Coup Publishing LLC. does my covers. I get to browse through artwork and get ideas that I shoot over to them.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Completing it! I tend to be overly critical and always tend to rewrite, rewrite, rewrite. Or, I want to give it one more run through before I send it off. Im always nervous that its not good enough. Im sure thats the case with every writer though.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
Do it because you love it. There is no other advice I can give, because if you dont love what you do, you wont have the passion show in your work or the dedication to work hard.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank you so much for liking my books. Its such an honor to have people enjoy your work. I hope to keep producing awesome stories for you.

Who are your favorite authors to read?
Im a big fan of Stephen King and Gena Showalter. Great authors!

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Blood and Lilies ~ Bloodlines Series is the first book in a series involving a college student, Cara that finds out her blood is the key to opening the gates between heaven and hell. The second book will be releasing on the 7. Its title Blood and Kindred. I also have a few other works in progress. One is paranormal and the other is sci-fi fantasy.

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment