Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Daring the Wild Sparks by Ren Alexander


This is the next book in Ren's series and leaves off were Chasing the Wild Sparks leaves off. We continue to see the struggled and hardships that Finn and Hadley's relationship goes through. Just like the first book, this one is also beautifully written. It just captivates you and at times frustrates you. There aren't many books that will actually make you feel as if the characters are real. But I feel that this book does just that. While reading I felt as if Finn and especially Hadley, were friends of mine; this made me want to cry with them at times, or want to scream and slap them in others.

I think this book is a lot more emotional than the first book. It also frustrated me a lot more. With this book I found myself having to take a break as I wanted to grab the characters by the hair and make them realize just how much they love one another. This book takes place starting Easter weekend and on. The things that we discover in the beginning truly shock and rock their relationship. Just when everything seems to be going great and they are working their stuff out, boom, a new twist in the book. I will say, I was so touched at the dare that Finn does, and that we has willing to do it on television for everyone to know that he was taken. But insecurities run through not only Hadley's head, but also through Finn's head. They both think they are not enough for one another and that the other will go tired of them, thus leaving them heartbroken


We are taken through a crazy ride with this couple and even though they infuriate me sometimes I still enjoyed every second of it! A lot of issues that this couple struggle through are very real and you can feel it in the way that they argued. I found myself that even though I had to take breaks from reading it, the breaks were never long enough! I just HAD to go back to reading and find out if this couple ever truly work out their problems or will they both end up heart broken. It is such a lovely book and so well written.

The only sad part about all of this is that now I have to wait for the next one. As I was reading this, and got to the end I screamed when it ended, I just NEED more Finn and Hadley. I bet you guys will feel the same after reading this amazing book from this great new author!

No comments:

Post a Comment