Sunday, November 16, 2014

Last Call by M.S. Brannon







M.S. Brannon does not fail to make me love her books! This book is so different from her Sulfur Height series, so I was not sure what to expect. The other books are so dark and emotional, seriously it seems as if I can't read one of those books without ending in tears! But this book was more light, and filled with many funny moments, many swoon worthy moments and just a totally different book from this incredible author.

Mariah is one of those characters that has gone through a lot in her life. She's closed herself off to love and is focused on her child. I love her and her friends relationships! They're just there for each other and say whatever is on their mind basically. It is what a girl wants in a friendship with her gals! I love the realism that is added into this authors books, even though it's a book you can find yourself pulled into the book, connecting and relating to the characters in the book.

Jason, damn.. what can you say about this guy? He is HOT, HOT, HOT! He knows what he wants, when he wants it and is used to getting what he wants. He's had a life upbringing, making him emotionally closed off to everyone around him. His focus is work most of the time. I love the moment that he and Mariah meet. These two have a very different type of relationship. It had me giggling, sighing, wanting to scream at these two from time to time, as well as smiling so wide for them. 

M.S. Brannon has hit it out of the park with this book. I love that she decided to deviate from the heart-wrenching books that I have become accustomed to and move into this genre that is so different. I did feel as if I was on an emotional roller coaster, but for a totally different motive then the other books. I am so excited to see what else M.S. brings us and what other genres she decides to dive into!!

No comments:

Post a Comment